New Construction on property mentioned in a WILL

My grandmother left behind a WILL that was only signed by all my uncles and my father. None of the aunts had signed on that WILL. This WILL clearly states that a land (mentioned in the WILL) belongs solely to my father and other uncles. Can we now do a new construction on the land? Will it have any legal implications?

Answers (1)

189 votes
Who is the original owner of this land? The rights of your father's sisters have to be determined with reference to the antecedent title of this land. If the daughters of your grand mother have any legal share in the land then they may obtain a stay order against any construction on this land.

In the meantime you can apply for a probate of WILL. Probate is a judicial proof that the WILL is genuine. Your aunts will be issued a notice. If no caveat is filed and if they don't oppose, the probate would be granted. You can then carry on with the construction on the land.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles