Neighbour not cutting trees seeking time even after municipality

My neighbour's three trees are branched into my property with compound wall cracked and the tress may fall any time. Our property lies around six feet below to their property. Since my requests to my neighbour did not listen, I sought the help of municipality. The Municipality didnothing for the next three months till I field RTI. I received a reply from PIO and i find no action was taken till RTI was filed. Municipality surveyed the place, found it dangerous and ordered the neighbour to cut the trees within 7 days. Neighbour replied that he need two months due to financial problem. To this Municipality issued another notice stating that the trees need to be cut within seven days and the neighbour is responsible for any casualities. All this happened within one month of filing the RTI. Now almost 12 days have gone and the neighbour has not cut trees. Please advise the remedial action that I can take in the present case with the municipality to get these trees cut.

Answers (1)

151 votes

you approach civil court for this purpose and file a suit against the neighbor to cut the trees. and asking for appointing of an advocate commissioner to show the condition. and report the same to the court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles