Neighbor doing illegal construction. Risk to my life.

My neighbor i believe is doing illegal construction. He is building ground plus 3 more floors on his land. I am afraid if the building collapses due to earthquake then my life is at risk. How can i get him to stop the construction? What legal action can i take against him?

The number of floors which can be constructed can be disclosed only after perusing the plan sanctioned by the municipal corporation.

If the construction is in violation of the plans then you may move to local civil court under which the property falls for obtaining a stay order against the illegal construction.

The part of the building which has already come into existence as on the date of filing of the petition can be ordered to be demolished by court.

Alongwith, file a RTI to the municipal corporation to obtain a copy of the sanctioned plan.