×

quesMy rights on ancestral property

My Grandmother has given her property to my father through a gift deed and he has now decided to sell the same and buy a new one. Do I have the rights on the existing property that my father has? Can I stop him from selling the same without my consent?

• ansIf it is a self acquired property and she has executed a gift deed then your father is the absolute owner of the said property. You have no rights on the said property. Your father can dispose the same as he pleases. You will have no rights on the new property purchased by your father.

• Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Property Legal Services