quesMy rights on ancestral property

My Grandmother has given her property to my father through a gift deed and he has now decided to sell the same and buy a new one. Do I have the rights on the existing property that my father has? Can I stop him from selling the same without my consent?

  • ansIf it is a self acquired property and she has executed a gift deed then your father is the absolute owner of the said property. You have no rights on the said property. Your father can dispose the same as he pleases. You will have no rights on the new property purchased by your father.

  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Is there is any way to trace will.
I am sunni muslim our father have gifted property in 2 brothers name now my…
I going to buy a flat in Ground Floor which has approval for G,1,2 floor…

we gave our property to be demolished and build 4 apartments. The builder takes 25%…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>