Mother's & Daughter's share in the property.

If the property is jointly owned by husband and wife ,then after death of husband what is the share of wife and her two children. here the three members have two side mother and his unmarried daughter and the other side is son and his family. the question is that mother wants her son to sign the papers so that she can sell the house and can buy two flats means one for herself and daughter and another for son and his family.

Mother and son relations are not good and trustworthy and the son is a innocent type of person. now the son doubts that if he signs the paper, he will have no share in his property and how can he trust that his mother will buy another flat. Is there any legal precaution for son that while signing the papers ,her mother should sign another paper to promise him to buy another flat for her son.and if she breaks her promise then what should be done by son to get his share.

Sir total story behind this query is very miserable. So kindly take attention for the son,s rights who is very innocent one more thing that mother and father were govt servants and mother is getting pension and also she received handsome amount after the demise of her husband,.her daughter knows and handles all about the financial structure but the son does not know.

Answers (1)

333 votes
Wife and children inherit the property in equal shares. If there is so much of mistrust that it is better to sell the property and divide the cash among legal heirs so then choose on their own about the use of the liquid money.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles