Mother wants to gift the property through gift deed brother objecting

My mother own a house and want to gift the property to me and younger brother due to certain reason younger brother insist to sell the property and not ready to agree on gift deed, but my mother has strong objection to sell. I want to secure the property from other family member I.e. elder brother and sister so does it possible to take half of the property gift to me , please advise me.

Answers (1)

53 votes

i have read your query and would like to know whether your mother bought this property or inherited? the conditions prevails the right in the property and if she wants to gift the same, it can be done only by knowing the details of the documents

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles