Mother expired in 2012 shop in her name and brother in possession

There is a shop of 350 sq ft. in Mumbai. It was in name of my mother. My mother expired in 2012 and no documentation has been done since then. My elder brother is in possession of the property and my father is alive. What can i do to get share in the property?

Assuming you are Hindu. According to the section 15 of the hindu succession act the property of a female if she dies without a will then her property goes to her legal heirs. You being a legal heir of her property can ask for your share in the property and the property would be equally divided among you, your brother and your father.