×

quesMisplaced copy of the sale deed. How to register flat?

I own a flat in Noida. It is in the name of my late father. It is not registered. The sale deed has been misplaced. The apartment is 25 years old. We had applied through RTI to the municipality regarding any documents submitted to them during the purchase of the flat. What we got was limited documents and no sale deed. We have been chasing the builder for last 5 years but there has been no progress. What are our rights and how do we get the flat registered in our name without sale deed?

• ansIf sale deed has been misplaced you can lodge FIR with local police station. In addition you have issue public notice in local newspapers.

If cooperative society has been formed of members, your society must be having copy of the same in its records as without sale deed your father would not have been admitted as member in the society.

You can obtain the copy from the society itself.