Marrying a Muslim how can I purchase & register property with husband

Hi, I belong from a hindu family and my would be husband is a Muslim. We are planning to register under the special marriage act. Incase he inherits property from his family under the islamic succession act and sells the same and uses the money to buy a property which gets registered under both are names, will there be any issues in that considering our marriage is not recognised by the islamic law? Also will the property bought be under the indian succession act? 

Answers (1)

180 votes
The inherited property will be termed under his self acquired property and will have full right over the property. You can sell that property and purchase a new flat and you can get it registered under both your names with the registrar.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles