Living on land for 40 years. Now goons are claiming the property.

We were living on government land for 40 years. Now my father expired recently. Now the goons are not letting us to do some re-construction on our land. They are asking to cancel the benama. We have all bills. In registrars office, the registry of the property is on our name. Goons are claiming that property belong to the masjid. What can i do about it?

Answers (4)

458 votes

This question has been answered by our lawyers. See answer below.

279 votes

Thank you for your mail
In india such instances are very common
Normally the goons would quote a figure to leave the property
Either the matter can be settled with them
Filing a case is the best option and they can be then removed legally and for all times to come your interests will be safeguarded

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

154 votes

File suit for permanent injunction under civil law on the basis of your legal title.
Police complaint for trespass etc under criminal law.
The above advise is tentative on the basis of information given by you. A complete look at the documents and facts is required to give final advise.
Kindly contact for detailed consultation and advise.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
301 votes

please file a suit for permanent injunction against the persons attempting to forcibly dispossess you from the property. You may also file a carefully worded criminal compliant against the said persons and both the criminal case and civil case can proceed simultaneously

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles