Legal validity of property settlement document of ancestral property

My Question is related to inheriting my Grandfather's property and ancestral property between my father and other legal heirs. My Father is the only son and he has 4 sisters, 2 younger and 2 elder. They came into a settlement few years back that my grandfather's property hereby solely belong to my father and other property in my grandmother's name(purchased by my grandfather) can be shared within the sisters and my father does not claim rights on the same. Based on the settlement document which was duly signed by all the legal heirs, my father accepted to vacate,sell the house which we were living and share the amount within the legal heirs amicably.Once my father shifted from the house, the sisters agitated and did not agree to act as per settlement. Can my father move any further legally based on the settlement document as to claim grand father's property ?

Answers (1)

332 votes

It is not clear whether the settlement between your father and his sisters was written as an agreement and registered. Or it was a relinquishment deed executed by your father's sisters in his favour. Please clarify.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My grandma is above 80 years old.she has 4daughter and 3 son.I am her grand daughter I am a college student. One of her son take her all property anot…

Read More

Dear sir /Madam, we have land on my grandfather name, we legally Moved to prepared a document instead of patta.. document is prepared with my father a…

Read More

I need clarification pls help me My grandfather had 3 children (1 son 2 daughter) . 1 daughter died in 1991. Son (my father) died in 2004. My grandfat…

Read More

I am a Hindu woman from Andhra born in 1956. I got married (no dowry). My father partitioned family ancestral property (rural agricultural land) in 19…

Read More