Legal right to claim share in great grandfather's property

Dear Sir, My great grandfather had a self acquired land by way of gift from his master and he gifted a part of it to his daughter during her marriage, after his death in 1977 he was survived by 2 sons(one being my grandfather) and 1 daughter. Later his daughter died in 1988 and his elder son(my grandfather) died on 2006. Although no partition deed were executed between my grandfather and granduncle municipal taxes are in their respective names. My grandfather had 4 sons my father being the eldest one died in 2016 he is survived by a son, a widow(my mother) and a married daughter(myself having 2 minor child). Now the problem arises is that my mother, my brother and her 3 brother in laws(my uncles) are executing a relinquishment deed in favour of my great uncle against money without giving be any notice regarding the same. Kindly suggest what are my rights and what shall I do now to save my interest in the said property.

Answers (1)

95 votes

you can easily claim the share of your property as per any law in India, since your great grand father died in 1977, your grand father died in 2006, your father died in 2016 and you are one of the legal heirs of your father. if the other persons are not giving you, your claim then you have to approach the concerned court for it.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles