Legal remedy against builder trying to cheat in purchase of property

Hi, We had a talk to a Builder who was agreed to sell the residential plot for 6k per Sq Yard ( 250 SQ Yards) and construction cost Rs 1300 for 1400 sft in 2015, but he had some land document clearing issues and asked to wait for sometime, its almost 3 years now he is demanding to buy as per market rate of 12K per Sq yard. We already paid 4 Lakhs in 2015 and have only receipts. we didn't had any formal agreement on notary. Since, I belong to ST Caste and as I don't have enough support to talk behalf of me, he is trying to cheat me as I am from ST Caste and refusing to sell the plot for initial agreed cost, he is trying to sell the plot to other party. How can I deal with this ?, My Religion - Hindu, Caste - ST

Answers (1)

187 votes

please file a suit under specific relief act before any civil court basing upon the receipts you have if those were within 3 years from the date of payment and you can also lodge a case under section 420 ipc basing on relevant facts

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles