×

Legal action against builder charging higher cost for apartment

I bought an apartment near Mudichur. I settled the entire amount and got the house registered on my name. Now the Builder is planning to sell the remaining apartments on a lower cost, though the land value remains the same in that area. Can I take any legal actions against that, as he sold the property to me for higher rate.

No, you have no legal remedy in this case. The sale made to you has no relevance to subsequent sales. Each one is a separate contract by itself. The builder is not legally bound to quote uniform rates for all buyers.

It is not fair to sell the apartment for higher cost to you and lower to others. However, when it comes for legal action we need to keep two things in mind
1. Market rate prevailing at the time of sales and
2. Age and quality of building at time of sales
The Builder might defend by saying that market rates stand reduced due to certain practical issues. In order to avoid loss flats were sold at lowest price.

Therefore, you having bought the building earlier cannot sue the builder now.
At max you can negotiate and get some cash or kind for the difference amount, provided he agrees.