Legal action against builder charging higher cost for apartment

I bought an apartment near Mudichur. I settled the entire amount and got the house registered on my name. Now the Builder is planning to sell the remaining apartments on a lower cost, though the land value remains the same in that area. Can I take any legal actions against that, as he sold the property to me for higher rate.

Answers (2)

177 votes

No, you have no legal remedy in this case. The sale made to you has no relevance to subsequent sales. Each one is a separate contract by itself. The builder is not legally bound to quote uniform rates for all buyers.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

104 votes

It is not fair to sell the apartment for higher cost to you and lower to others. However, when it comes for legal action we need to keep two things in mind
1. Market rate prevailing at the time of sales and
2. Age and quality of building at time of sales
The Builder might defend by saying that market rates stand reduced due to certain practical issues. In order to avoid loss flats were sold at lowest price.

Therefore, you having bought the building earlier cannot sue the builder now.
At max you can negotiate and get some cash or kind for the difference amount, provided he agrees.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles