Land with security bond, can be sold to 3rd party ?

A Seller executed security bond against his land for a loan taken from a finance Person. Now the seller wants to sell his property to repay the loan. Can a buyer buy his land with security bond? , Also the financed Person filed a suit on court for not repaying his money, which is under court now. If a buyer buy the land and registered on his name, can he repay the loan amount to finance person later, to withdraw the suit. Also During registration suit is under court, buyer can gohead, whether the seller or finance person regain / take the land back after the registration.

Answers (2)

109 votes

The property is under litigation hence it is not advisable to buy the property under litigation unless the litigation is cleared by the debtor discharging his entire loan amount with interest thereon.
The creditor has already approached court of law on the basis of the property offered as collateral security therefore until the creditor is agreeing and withdraws the suit, there is a risk of the property being attached by court for the purpose of discharging the loan amount.
Show the document and relative details to a local lawyer, get his further advise before proceeding with the purchase.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

191 votes

The buyer can buy the land after clearing the loan outstanding. First clear the outstanding and ask the financier to withdraw the suit. Then the suit seeking registration can be compromised and sale deed can be executed. It is not advisable to have the sale deed registered with encumbrance and that to a suit for recovery of money is pending before the court.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles