quesLand partition Suit

Smt T. has purchased an agricultural land in 1987 from Sri C. After purchasing the same, she obtained DC conversion order in 2002 and formed a layout in 2004. I have purchased a site in that layout in 2004 from Smt.T.. In 2007, the daughters of Sri.C has filed parttion suit to get their shares. they filed nearly 10 years after their father sold the property to T.. Since T. is not having that land, she is not appearing for the court. I am the bonafied purchaser. Is there any chance of loosing my site. Please give me your valuable suggestion to safegaurd my site. I am realy worried. I am having only one site.

  • ansIf the land was registered in the name of Sri.C then he had an indefeasible legal right to sell it to any one he desired. His children had no right in the land unless the same was ancestral in nature. If the land was sold with proper documentation to T. then Sri.C or his children ceased to have any right therein. You must be having in your possession a copy of the sale deed which Sri.C made in favour of T. It can throw light on whether sale was complete or not and also whether requisite stamp duty was paid. If sale in favour of T. was complete and lawful then she could have as legal owner of the land sold it to you. Now that his daughters have filed a suit for partition you should contest the same through your lawyer so that you succeed in repelling their legal challenge

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My father is having in his name ancestral property. He has been selling part of…

Hi, I have book a flat in Bangalore in pre-launch. At the time of booking…

My father and his brothers (including their families) inherited properties and house from their father…

Sir, My grandparents house is a 60 gaj house in Tilak Nagar, West Delhi. My…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly