Is the sale of property of minor valid

Dear sir/madam Who soever it may concern Urgent and serious matter Sir may grand father aqured some land from his property and such land inherted by my forefathers threrby my grand father, one of son out of four 5sons, Got land property from his father by hindhu successio act, and threrafter my grandfather has 5 sons and 2 doughters made a unregsterd partation btween these people b/w 1969-1980/- and some major sons at that time sold there part of land and remind 2 minors held with my grand father one of the minors was my father. After some years of partation my grand father execute sale deed on bhalf of these minors on 12//02/1982, and sold the property to some personal who bought the land with the knlwelege that it was minors property and he takes some other property as surity and bought the land, My father dob 01/01/1976 my date of of birth is 17/12/1992, recently we send the notice to such person by lawer that they were replaid that it was barred by like mitation act. S

Answers (1)

See the property of the minor can be sold only after the elder person obtains a certificate of natural guardian under order 32 of the civil procedure code. As in the present case no such thing has been done so the sale was definitely illegal. The court also sees that even after obtaining guardianship whether the sale was done in the interest of the child or adverse.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Dalal
New Friends Colony, Delhi
22 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

i have a home loan against my property where we are living from pnb bank and loan amount is rs. 85 lac now we took this loan at Jan 2013 and we are pa…

Read More

My father bought a land from a person who was perfectly normal at the time of registration of land. He payed them using a cheque and not cash which is…

Read More

My father died in 2016. He got 16 acres agriculture land through partition made among his brother 1976 only. I am the only daughter to him. He made wi…

Read More

my father expired and his father(my grandfather ) also expired. My grandfather has property in his name and has no will written. can i claim share / r…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue