quesIs other person's presence necessary while gifting them my property?

How can I transfer my property in favor of my children? All of them are settled in different countries. Can it be done without requiring their physical presence in India? What would be stamp duty on the registration of the property in Chennai?

  • ans

    It is not advisable to pass on your property to children right away as there is no guarantee that they would take your care once the property is transferred. So we would advise you to give them the said property though Will. 

    However, if you so desire you can execute gift deed in favor of your children. Stamp duty in Chennai is 8% of market value of property. It needs to be registered by the donor in presence of 2 attesting witnesses.

    Gift must be accepted by your children during your lifetime. Presence of your children is not mandatory.

    Your children can make a POA to accept the gift.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I intend to buy 2 acres grant land Bangalore , it is ancestral property, all…
My Great Grand mom has some land. She has 1 daughter and 2 sons. The…
I have a plot near Allahabad which is equally share between two brother ,I being…
What is the rights of married daughter on her father's property? And married son also…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly