Is it safe to buy a plot craved out of temple inam land

I am planning to buy a plot in Karnataka. This plot is craved out an Inam land which was gifted to the vendors ancestors by VenuGopalSwamy Temple. When vendor wanted to sell this land to the developer he had some issues, because RTC reflected Venugopalaswamy name in column 9 and not the vendor's name. The Vendor then filed a case in the Karnataka High Court for the ownership of the land. The court passed a judgement infavor of the vendor that he is the absolute owner of the land keeping in mind the Inam abolition act and Venugopala Swamy temple does not have any rights on the land. On the bases of the court order vendor name is now included in the RTC column 9. Is this safe to buy this plot.

Answers (1)

89 votes

A site forming part of a residential layout that is duly converted from agriculture to non-agriculture residential purposes and originally shown to as Grant Land by the Inam of that village in favour of the vendor is valid and legal, further more you state that the plot has also a E-Katha certificate issued by the Village Panchyath office signalling that the plot can be registered in your name.
Therefore I would say it is quite safe to buy this plot from the land owners.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles