Is a person eligible for share on brother's self acquired property ?

In one family 2brothees and parents are there. Father has not have any assets. Elder boy age is 28.younger guy has 22age. Elder one left parents 5years back and he went to Bangalore. He worked there and he studied with that money. In those 3 years he came to parents house 2times.Then he went to Abroad and he earned 25 lakhs in 2years .he is a software .he purchased site for 20 lakh. Then he married recently. The question is Younger one asking share on this site. Does younger is eligible? Younger one is saying whatever assets purchased by elder one before his (elder)marriage younger one also has right on those assets. Younger one doesn't given single rupee for the purchase of site. Site is registered in the name of elder one. Elder one telling I went Abroad. I earned money there. With that money I have purchased site. It's my hard work and effort.How younger one is eligible??? Which law telling that?? Parents doesn't given any money also for site purchase.

Answers (2)

148 votes

The younger brother cannot have any share in the property of elder brother as it’s a self acquired property. Even if the brother files any suit before the competent court, it will b a abuse of process of law and not otherwise.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

92 votes

Please be sure that younger brother in your said facts is NO WAY entitled to demand or even ask or to the maximum even dream about claiming the property of the elder brother. The facts are clear and fully in favour of the elder brother who has acquired the said property out of his own hard earned earnings. Younger brother has no claims of any sorts on such properties of his elder brother.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles