×

quesInherited Property

My father expired without making a will.I and my mother inherited some property ,house and land by this. My mother has forgone her share and given it to me by a registered deed. So have my uncles who also had equal share in the property. Now I am the owner of it and the Property card shows my name. I have a HUF . Can I now say that this is a HUF property for Income Tax purpose? Can I add it to the HUF ? What legalities have to be done?

• ansThis is not a HUF property as your mother and uncles have relinquished their share in your favor.