Illegal road extensions

I have a commercial property in a business lane. At the beginning of the lane some of the property holders extended their limits and built small shops for small business people.

Due to this illegal constructions the road was inconvenient and was creating a lot of traffic. Even after repeated requests to the municipality to take actions nothing had been done so far. Can I take any legal action in this situation?

Answers (1)

313 votes
You can move to the District Civil Court for declaring the municipal corporation bound in law to remove the encroachments on the public property. After the court order, the needful action would be taken soon by the municipal corporation for the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles