quesIllegal possession of father's residential property

My father was allotted a residential quarter on outright purchase from the management on closure of mines. The property is illegally being possessed by a goon with his family since the past 10 years without any rent or agreement. A complaint with the police did not help us in any way. Instead they asked the goon for money and then to evacuate.

He has now filed a case against my father stating that he is paying rent and has possessed the house showing residential proofs. The court proceedings have taken 7 years without any result. Our lawyer does not coordinate with us but regularly get his fee on demand. What can we do now?

  • ansThe litigation process is long drawn and an expensive proposition. The court cases take 15 years and beyond sometimes to be disposed of. If it is possible to arrive at an amicable settlement with the goon then you should go ahead with the settlement. You will end up spending more money on legal fees otherwise.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am a female and had bought a property in a housing cooperative society in…
my father was only son to my grandfather. my grandfather having two brothers.. after my…
Kya SC ka admi apni kheti ki zamin kisi genral caste ke admi ko bech…
Before giving the advance, is it good to ask for the agreement draft copy ?

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly