Illegal construction behind house what action can I take

Sir we live in Shiv Nagar Jammu, Illegal construction is going on right behind our house, we lodged complaint at Municipality but they took bribe and work is still going on, they are doing drilling in our wall. We are keep calling to Municipal office but no body is taking any action.Please Give us advice about what should we do.

Answers (2)

187 votes

File an application in municipality against illegal construction and take receipt no. of this application .if still municipal authority does not take action then file r.t.i in municipality that what action they have taken with respect to your application. You can also file civil suit of permanent prohibitory injunction that your easementary right of air and light is violated because if illegal construction as the said house is constructed adjoining to your house.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

112 votes

Received your query regarding illegal construction behind your home. The best course of action is you have to approach the court of law in who's jurisdiction the illegal construction is going on , First you have to approach the court for the stay of the illegal construction.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles