×

quesIce factory in residential area.

Our problem is an Ice plant that is next to our house in residential area. All neighbors are suffering from it. Ammonia leakage risk, noise pollution, commercial vehicles running around round the clock, disposal of its salt water caused burning of plants are some issues. We have given applications to local municipal authority, Pollution Control Board, Industrial Safety and Health, Collector Office.

Our Question for all you experts is that Can such factory run in residential area?

Is there any residential are law by which we can compel him to shift the plant?

• ansFile an RTi application to find out whether permission was granted by municipal corporation to construct ice factory in residential area. RTi application to state pollution board, collector office as to what action has been taken on your complaints. File writ petition in high court for closure of ice factory on account of problems being faced by residents in its vicinity.