quesI m a divorcee. Can i ask share in property from my parents?

I have got divorced recently and am living in a rented accomodation. Can I ask for a share in the property from my parents?

  • ans

    Yes, if the property of which you want to seek a share, is an ancestral property of your parents, you are entitled for a share in the property in question.


    But, if the property is the self aquired property of your parents, then it is upto them as how they deal with the same.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Dear sir, My father operates a small scale manufacturing unit and has been operating it…

Can we get 2 allotments under different DDA schemes running at different times? My father…

My uncle had sold our ancestral property which is on my grandfather's name without my…
I had purchased a 1 BHK flat in a 20 storey building in South Mumbai…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly