I have a house on my name. Brother pressuring me to sell the house.

I have a house in my name , we were joint family , but lots of issue between all , finally we decided to move out 3yrs back , it was decided they will pay some amount ,hence left the home, now aftr 3yrs ,i m getting pressure to sell the house ,and they are telling there will b 3 part , myself father and brther father is saying we had a busniess loss and due to which we have to sell gold to save that busniess, as per him loss was bcz of me , hence he want one part , brother want one part to do busniess , i m really upset and not able to understand to be done next

Answers (1)

202 votes

If you want to claim your rightful share in the coparcenary (joint family property) then you must file a suit for partition.

You will get a share in the property and the business. I am assuming that you are Hindu by religion. Even if you follow islam you will have a fixed share in the joint property of the family. Your father cannot deprive you of your rightful share.

However, whether you are entitled to a share and to what extent depends on several factors such as your personal law (religion) and the status of the properties.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles