quesI am married. Do i have share in parents property?

We are one daughter and one son for our parents. My parents and brother feel that i have no rights over the property. Do i have any right? If yes under which law? My concern is whether my parents can adopt measures like disowning me just to nullify my claim, what is the legal implications of such disownment on my claim if the scenario arises?

  • ansAs per succession act 2005, daughters have equal rights in the ancestral property.

    So if there is an ancestral property in your family then you have an indefeasibly equal share therein which you can get by filing a case for partition. If you are disowned from this property or any attempt is made to sell it without your concurrence then you can take out legal proceedings to seek your share and also to stop the sale thereof.

    In respect of the self acquired property of your parents you have no share therein during their life time. Your father and mother can during their life time make a will of their property. They can also sell or gift it to any one they desire. You will get a share in the self acquired property of your parents only in the event that they die without making a Will.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I want to know my grandfather had expired. He married twice. By his first wife…
I bought a flat 4 years back in resale. Registry done, later on realized that…
Respected sir. I want know that is their any share of small in the property…
Sir meine ek plot ka agreement kiya aur 2 lakh adv syahi pete diye. Baki…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly