How to transfer property from fathers name to mothers name

My grandfather's plot is in Nagercoil and he expired in 1968.we didn't have my grandfather death certificate. My father's share didnt change or transfer the property to my father's name.But my father paid land tax in his name. Now my father also passed away in 2015. Now I want to know how I can transfer the property to my Mother's name and my name.

See as per the Hindu Succession Act, the property would devolve to you and your mother as you both are the legal heirs of your father. First get the death certificate made from the SDM office for your father as well as your grandfather. With this document, you can get a legal heir certificate made from the sub registrar office and on the basis of this you can get all the immovable properties transferred in your name and your mother's name.