How to transfer property from fathers name to mothers name

My grandfather's plot is in Nagercoil and he expired in 1968.we didn't have my grandfather death certificate. My father's share didnt change or transfer the property to my father's name.But my father paid land tax in his name. Now my father also passed away in 2015. Now I want to know how I can transfer the property to my Mother's name and my name.

Answers (1)

346 votes

See as per the Hindu Succession Act, the property would devolve to you and your mother as you both are the legal heirs of your father. First get the death certificate made from the SDM office for your father as well as your grandfather. With this document, you can get a legal heir certificate made from the sub registrar office and on the basis of this you can get all the immovable properties transferred in your name and your mother's name.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles