How to stop noise pollution in the society

Sir/madam IAM living in an Appartment with my family.The builder has not yet got OC but has an approved plan and there are almost 90%residents out of 196 flats recently the builder constructed a temple of approximately 200 SQ ft on the underground water tank of our appartments. From the day one the Pooja activities and associated noise is beyond tolerance and most of them are North Indians who are not against it or are not affected since I have the cornermost flat and often studying is quite difficult. People take it religiously and had regulated it but issue still persists. Can I move against this legally and what is the procedure the appartments has an association who are also silent and active on temple. We don't have an OC yet can I initiate action against the builder and association to immediately put a stop to this Thank you

Answers (1)

210 votes

1. The Central Pollution Control Board constituted a Committee on Noise Pollution Control.The Committee recommended noise standards for ambient air and for automobiles which were notified in Environment(Protection) Rules,1986 as in Residential area <55 dB(A) -> Day time ( 6am to 9 pm ) & <45 dB(A) -> Night time ( 9pm to 6am ).
2. You need to get pollution control board help in recording the sound pollution level and approach court ( if the level is beyond said limit ) to get order to committee to control the same. If you need any legal help, you may approach me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Original alottee has provided haryana registration documents , payment letters and allotment letter from builder , etc for a flat . how to check that …

Read More

Sir, Re-development agreement signed in 2001 and we got possession of flat in 2004, where Carpet Area is less by 200+ Sq.Ft. Carpet Area as per Develo…

Read More

My mother entered into an agreement in 2011with an person he asked to run hotel he it self constructed and gave 5 laks as advance mother also r…

Read More

I purchased a shop from builder & paid its full payment The builder gave me a letter stating that possession of the shop was given to me on 01.12.…

Read More