quesHow to should i proceed to sell my property? What law should i know?

I am 67 year women and I have a flat in south Delhi and I want to sell it. Kindly guide me as How should I proceed. I have talked to a property dealer.


What are the laws which I should be aware of and implement? Your advice will be of great help to me.


  • ans


    There are no specific laws that you need to know. Transfer of property is governed by Transfer of Property Act, however, you only have to be careful in drafting the terms of the Agreement to Sell wherein no such provision is added which can land you into trouble after the sale.


    You need to be sure that there are no encumbrances / claims with respect to the said property and if the property has a clear title, you can proceed with the sale.


    After finding a suitable buyer, we would suggest you to consult an advocate or even we can help you to draft your Agreement and ensure your interests are protected.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

we have one layout with five register societies and one electric mseb sub station situated…
Whether the property of a Private Trust can be sold without the permission of court.…
After death of my grandfather his whole property came under the name of his 9…
Delayed possession for flat in cochin was to give on March 2012. Till today no…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly