×

quesHow to should i proceed to sell my property? What law should i know?

I am 67 year women and I have a flat in south Delhi and I want to sell it. Kindly guide me as How should I proceed. I have talked to a property dealer.

What are the laws which I should be aware of and implement? Your advice will be of great help to me.

There are no specific laws that you need to know. Transfer of property is governed by Transfer of Property Act, however, you only have to be careful in drafting the terms of the Agreement to Sell wherein no such provision is added which can land you into trouble after the sale.

You need to be sure that there are no encumbrances / claims with respect to the said property and if the property has a clear title, you can proceed with the sale.

After finding a suitable buyer, we would suggest you to consult an advocate or even we can help you to draft your Agreement and ensure your interests are protected.