How to sell land of a deceased person ?

one of my villagers who was Hindu in religion(Tribal) died 10 year ago, who had no children, his wife also died thereafter and no family members are there now. A gentle man of his neighbour who belongs to General in cast gave them the food and shelter till their last days and performed the cremation . The person who kept under his care can sell the land property of the deceased , to carry out after death ritual according to the tradition can to bear the expense of the ceremony? . If possible what is the way ? Please suggest me.

It is illegal to sell something that doesn't belongs to you by right......,,,.,,...........,,,.....,..,,...,..,.,......................................,,.....,.,,,,,,,,,,,,............................