quesHow to sell ancestral land in name of father in law and his sister?

We want to sell off our ancestral land which is in the name of my father in law & his sister. It is a remote area & the sister's son has been staying & using the land for farming purpose since the last 6 - 7 years & claims to have been a care taker of the same & asking for the money in lieu of the same.


Though we did not have any discussion regarding him (father in law's sister's son) to take care of the property as a care taker, as the land is well maintained with boundary & does not require care taking.


What should we do?


  • ans


    In reply to your query, we would like to know where is the land situated and is the land agricultural or is the person merely using it for agricultural purpose, as depending upon these the appropriate proceedings can be initiated.


    Since the share / portion of your father-in-law and his sister is also not specifically demarcated, a suit for partition can be filed, whereupon your father-in-law's share can be specified and thereafter he can sell the same to a third party, if he so desires.


    Further, the relations between your father-in-law and his sister are also not clear from the question. The person in occupation can further say that he is in occupation of portion of his mother.


    Hence, we would require more details to ascertain the way to secure your father-in-law' rights and interest in the property.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My husband raising a finance from local financers on heavy interest rate from 2 &…

Three months ago we had an agreement of Rs. Rupees 35000/- our property to a…
If father have sold the property gained by his father and purchased a new property…
My father has sold our some of land without telling us to my neighbour .…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly