How to remove my name as co-owner of a flat

28-Apr-2023 (In Property Law)
Is there any way out to get out from the co ownership of property which is on loan.... i dont want it as no funds nd husband dont want to surender ... in that case what optiins i have to remove my name from co owner.... ?? Bhiwadi is place
Answers (4)

Answer #1
794 votes
You can execute a deed of relinquishment of your right in favour of other co owners. A relinquishment deed is the record of unilateral act of one party whereas none of the right would remain with executant
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
740 votes
You can b a gurantor in loan and by release deed by paying the stamp duty you camd do so
Rest depend upon the case neef to see the complete documents please contact fr full advise
Kindly show me yr documents as well
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
638 votes
Yes Ma'am, you can get out from the co ownership of the property by executing a Relinquishment deed on stamp paper giving away your portion in the property in favor of the Husband. Such relinquishment will act as a NO Objection certificate (NOC) with reference to the property. But just in case you are doing this to avoid the payment of loan, be cautioned that all your title rights would also cease to exist.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #4
952 votes
In case the loan of property is in the joint name, you can close the loan only after paying the entire amount. If you dont have funds to pay off the loan, you can contact the loan department of the bank and take assistance for the best remedy.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."