queshow to protect property form ex-wife which was build by husband?

Dear Sir, i got married last year in 2014 my husband was divorced in 2013 and we are living in USA. as my husband's x-wife is also living in USA and earning more than my husband in current. my question is that they have 1 joint property which is in India. the question is my husband is already paying child benefit every month. the reason of the divorced was she cheated in marriage and got marriage before my husband got married again. as the property was on loan and it was paid off by my husband now she want to get 50% of the share. What can we do in such situation?

  • ans

    Your query is silent on who is the first owner of the property? Or the property was purchased on proportion of 50%-50%.

    If she is the second owner and most of the money is paid by your husband in such case your husband will have more percentage of share.

    However we can only comment further, on either examining the document or if you provide above mentioned detail facts

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Dear Sir, I have purchased an under construction property, which is scheduled to be ready…

My client owns a property in Kolkata. He added his mother's name for sake of…

1. A GPA holder has right to sell property to another person. 2. What is…
Hello Sir, I am seeking suggestion for the below mentioned issue. Satya Jena is the…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly