How to get complete ownership of house if siblings claim their share

My father bought a house on his own name from money earned from his own started business. But since his two brothers also incorporated him in his business, they claim an equal share in that house. But my father disagrees to give them an equal share as they always kept taking money out from the business so the house is bought only from his share of income from the business. What should we do them out of the house as they are now living in that house.

Answers (1)

166 votes

It doesn't matter even if your father's brothers contributed some money in buying of the property. If the property is registered in your father's name then you become the owner of the property. So you father should immediately file a suit for eviction and permanent injunction against your father's brothers before it is late and they become owner by adverse possession.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My tenant is asking for rent agreement copy for address update in their aadhar card. kindly suggest, Should I give the copy to them and whether it is …

Read More

Hello Experts, We are from Hyderabad my father passed away 1 year ago. We have a House (Independent) In Hyderabad. Legal heirs are Mother, Me and sist…

Read More

Family of 2 married sisters & 2 brothers got their fathers property.In Karnataka,there was an process to give the property to the daughters children&#…

Read More

Halo sir, My age is 16 years my father as well as grand father died my grandfather have 4 daughter and 2 sons including my father. My uncle sold a par…

Read More