How to get back property from illegal possession

My grandfather give his homes to his daughter in laws and one of house is in the name of my mother, my father's brother took that home when I am child they used that home last 20 years recently government gives d form patta I don't have any document regarding that house but it is in the name of my mother so.How to get that patta ?

Answers (1)

255 votes

In this case you can file a Civil suit for the recovery of your property.There are ample of provisions in the Specific Relief act which deals with recovery of ownership as well as recovery of possession.You can also file a police complaint for the fraudlent acts. Initially you can send them an eviction notice for handing over possession to you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles