how to get ancestral property of father for which no docs. available

sir I have an ancestral property share of my father in east UP where we are living for 30 year.My Father don't had any land owning paper and he was passed away in 2013.Now I don't have any idea about how to get ownership of that landhome. Plz suggest legal and easiest method to do get ownership of that land.As per my knoewledge my forefathers also didn't have any such papers,if they may did,it is lost now.I investigated and enquired from Lekhpal in his land record book but we don't find any thing with name if my father or myforefather.

Answers (1)

180 votes

1) you have to engage a search clerk . he will find the documents for you . although it may take time if said documents are in place A they would be found .
2) deed of family settlement . for division of property among legal heirs . have it duly stamped and registered .

3)all the 5 children of grandfather would have 1/5th share in their father property . in case of death of one of legal heirs ie daughter her share would devolve on her legal heirs

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles