How to divide property which is not registered in our name?

My father and his brother purchased one shop from their relative, but did not register that. Now my father has died and I have all the orignal documents with me. My father's brother has opened a shop there and is not ready to divide the property.

Please tell me, what legal options do we have, considering the fact that the shop is still in our relative's name and I have all the orignal documents including the sale deed.

If you state that your father and his brother has executed a sale deed then he must have registered and paid a stamp duty. So how are you stating that the property is not registered?

In this regard, we will have to examine the documents or would request you to provide us with complete facts.

If the sale deed or papers are proper, then you along with all legal heirs will have equal rights in the shop and to claim your rights, by filing a Suit for partition.

However, we can still provide you with the exact legal solution after acquiring complete facts and examining the documents.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli