quesHow to divide property which is not registered in our name?

My father and his brother purchased one shop from their relative, but did not register that. Now my father has died and I have all the orignal documents with me. My father's brother has opened a shop there and is not ready to divide the property.


Please tell me, what legal options do we have, considering the fact that the shop is still in our relative's name and I have all the orignal documents including the sale deed.


  • ans


    If you state that your father and his brother has executed a sale deed then he must have registered and paid a stamp duty. So how are you stating that the property is not registered?


    In this regard, we will have to examine the documents or would request you to provide us with complete facts.


    If the sale deed or papers are proper, then you along with all legal heirs will have equal rights in the shop and to claim your rights, by filing a Suit for partition.


    However, we can still provide you with the exact legal solution after acquiring complete facts and examining the documents.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Iam selling a plot of land this month for 55lakhs(sale deed price). It was purchased…
If my father is having a self acquired property in event of his death will…
sir, i am a hindu by religion and live with my husband & a child…
we had filed a suit for partiton in sub court at tis hazari in the…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly