quesHow to divide property equally amongst brothers who are greedy?

We don't have the registry of the house but we have the allotment letter. Me & my mother don't want any share but want to distribute it equally among my two brothers. 


My younger brother doesn't want my elder brother to have any share and says that he will not sign the papers for distribution of property. 


Is there a way that this matter can be settled? Can court force my younger brother to sign the papers? Or what me and my mother can do legally? Can the house be now registered in my mother's name without needing the signatures of my brother?


  • ans


    First of all, we will have to examine how you bought the property. You will first have to register the property in your mother's name and then she can distribute the property to whoever she desires.


    For registry, you will have to pay the stamp duty on the sale deed or the General Power of Attorney and get the same registered  before the sub registrar.


    Once the property is registered in your mother's name, then she can transfer the same by way of Will to your brother. You can execute a relinquish deed in favor of your two brother's and get the same registered before sub magistrate.


    No, the court cannot force the younger brother to sign the paper, you will have to follow the above mentioned steps.


  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am from a HUF, we are living in a old house, built before the…

We have sold our land to a party for the cost of XX Cr rupees…

My husband's step father is asking us to leave his home and used to beat…

I have done the RTI of a property which is not registered in my name…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>