How to divide ancestral land equally among legal heirs?

My grandfather set aside land(52 decimel ) to my father and my uncle.However, as per the property papers the land is 52 decimel but in actuals the land is 55 decimel. we have constructed a house in an area of 26.25 decimel.On getting the measurement done by the govt. officials the land obtained to my uncle was 23 decimel. Moreover, the rest of the land was occupied by my fathers cousins. Also, to get the road area my uncle's part of the land has to be divided from the middle of his property. our uncle is having grievance for his part of the land being reduced and wedont want to leave our share. What should we do?

Answers (1)

271 votes

You will get your share as per the area mentioned in property papers. If you intend to claim the remaining portion then all the parties will have to file a suit for declaration thereby seeking declaration from the court for the remaining land .

Further in the said suit also seek partition for your share.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles