How to deal with unfair occupation of land by family member

My grand father had 4 sons, one of the son (younger son) has occupied complete land. Our grand father had made an affidavit stating that after his death the land should be distributed equal among four sons. However after his death, my uncle(younger son) forced our grand mother to sing white paper and with that signature, he made land patta on his name. How can we get back our share in this case.

Answers (1)

269 votes

You will have to file a suit for partition in the jurisdictional civil court claiming your share in the said ancestral property. Also, you will have to obtain a legal heir certificate from the tehsildar's office for filing the suit.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles