how to correct mother's maiden name in property given by grand father

my grandfather got a property registered in my mother's name but the name was her house name before marriage. Now her name has changed and she has no proof of the maiden name in which the property was registered. How to correct this and claim the property?

Answers (1)

101 votes

You dont need to worry about the said fact.

You are just required to submit her marriage registration certificate with her present surname and affidavit stating that after marriage her surname is xxx at the registrar office and intimate about the said facts.   

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles