×

quesHow to check legitimacy of a property?

How should I check whether a Property is legal or not? There is no governing body to ensure the legitimacy (like Palghar). I am told by the builder that it is a Collector Approved Project.

• ansEngage a lawyer to carry out the due diligence test. The lawyer will help in finding out whether a dispute is pending in any court of law with respect to the property to be purchased, whether the construction is in accordance with master plan, whether the requisite permissions have been obtained and many more.