How to become co owner in a property to get benefit of home loan

There is a property registered on my parents name while loan is taken on my name,my sister and my parents.The payment for the loan is made from my account. I want to add my name as co owner so that I can get the benefits of home loan.Please suggest the way and what will be the charges. Religion-Hindu. Note not registered as HUF

Answers (1)

264 votes

Adding another owner (as co-owner) to your property can be done through:
Sale Deed : You can include your Spouse’s name in the new sale deed mentioning the ratio or portion of the ownership and get it registered.

Gift Deed : You can also share the ownership by gifting it to someone. In this case, you will need to get a gift deed executed on a stamp paper and register it at the registrar’s office.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles