quesHow can we change a Witness in an already executed gift deed

I had a property in my name and gave it to my mother via a gift deed. Now I had some issue with one of the 2 witnesses on the gift deed and he says that remove my name from the witness and get some other witness. What is the procedure to change witness and cost for the same? I had earlier spend around 50-60k for the gift deed.

  • ans

    As you are the maker of the gift deed you have the option of cancelling the gift deed with the consent of the donee, which in your case is your mother.

    And make a fresh gift deed. 

    And to avoid future clashes with the witnesses, we would like to suggest you that it is better to register a gift deed as by the process of registering the gift deed the Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) becomes the witness of the deed.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I took a residential plot loan at floating rate from HDFC about 6 years back…

Hi, I am looking to purchase a residential plot near Gunjurpalya area. Builder told that…

Husband wants to transfer his flat in his spouses name as a parting gift in…

Does daughters have right on father's property ?

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly