How can I sell my mothers property since my parents are not alive

1) My mother purchased a plot as "power of attorney" holder of the seller in 1995. 2) The sale deed was registered in sub-registrar office of GDA. 3) My father build a house in 1996 and since then we are living and paying house tax, water tax, electricity bill etc. 4) My mother died in 2004 and father died in 2010 leaving a registered will. 5) I am a Hindu. How can I sell this property now since my parents are not alive.

Answers (1)

136 votes

Are you the owner of the property. What does the will write do you have any share in the property. You need to get the property transferred in your name as you are the legal heir of your deceased parents. Once you have the ownership rights you can sell the property

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles