How can I sell flat having joint ownership

I need advice as how i can sell joint ownership flat (In Title of Registry has name of me and wife but the flat is completely purchased by me). Wife is no more leaves with me and I pay alimony under 125 maintenance court decision. Flat is fully purchased by me and I have complete detail record of it. Please advice on this. Religion:Hindu Divorce Case is not filled yet just wanted to now what complication will involved under Irretrivable breakdown of marriage if filled later?

Answers (1)

196 votes

To sell property you need consent of ur wife since you had jointly purchased the property.
To have full owner ship of ur flat and avoid future complication of law u need to take release deed from ur wife.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I own, jointly with my wife, a flat in Kochi, Kerala. Consequent on her sudden demise, I wish to sell the same. Neither of us have executed any will. …

Read More

30 year later A lady marriage a first person and again she married second person #But she can't given divorced to first person . #Today both husba…

Read More

I rented my flat to a tenant 2 years back. Her husband is out of country from last 1 year. I have made registered rent agreement with his wife. Agreem…

Read More

My grandfather has given a will to my stepsister stating that she will be the rightful owner in absence of my father as his elder son has immigrant to…

Read More