How can I purchase property transferred through will to sister

A sister of deceased brother is desirous of selling a plot to me. Khatha is transferred by BDA to her based on the WILL/dying declaration of her brother. 1.She resides in US with her husband and 2 sons.Does she need to take consent from her husband & her sons? 2.She is willing to come to BLR to execute sale deed.Since she is a NRI she is unlikely to hold a PAN/Adhar Card.What documents in support of identity will be required @ the time of executing SA&SD? 3.The now deceased brother the original allotee of the plot has left behind a widowed wife & 2 sons.Do they need to sign the SA/SD?

Answers (1)

238 votes
Where the brother has left a property in the name of his sister through will then the fir probate of the will needs to be issued from the court so that the sister can claim ownership and once she will have the ownership of the property then she can sell the property according to the wish. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles