How can I get the title of the ancestral property?

Hi - What is the best way to get the title of property for an ancestral home in Goa (Betim). This apparently has been inherited by my mom as one of the 4 siblings but she does not have access to the deed / title.

Answers (2)

217 votes

You will have to find out the survey no. of that property. The next step would be to go and find out the old cadastral no. By getting this no. you would need to apply for the Portuguese documents registor do Agreemsor or Auto demarcation. Accordingly, apply for inscription and description fo the property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

147 votes

From the facts given I am assuming that the other siblings aren't providing any assistance in respect of the title documents. To find the title in these cases is difficult but still could be done. You would first have to find out the survey number of the property and get Form I & XIV and survey plan, which are available in Government department, based on the name recorded in the said form one will be able to decide how to go about finding the title documents

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles